Our Community & Dawah work.
Supporting everyone equally.
Muslim Futures is more than just an aid charity focused on humanitarian work overseas for the poor and needy. We pride ourselves on our personal touch, whether it is in the day-to-day work we do, the aid activities we deliver to the beneficiaries, or our initiatives to create better, more sustainable, consistent and long-term solutions for the wider community.
Muslim Futures is run by a group of diverse professionals, community workers, and passionate parents. We support individuals, communities and grass-roots organisations. We work to develop and provide better opportunities and experiences. We aim to provide essential educational, community and vocational services for Muslim children and youth, along with their parents and wider family.
- Supporting the development and establishment of new mosques and community facilities.
- Helping to strengthen the collaborative ethos in under-represented areas, where Muslims struggle for community cohesion.
- Quranic and Islamic character-building classes for young children.
- Quranic teaching and support for adults and children of all ages on basic Quranic Studies, Fiqh, Aqeedah and Seerah.
- Counselling and support for refugees and other needy resident groups.
- Advice and guidance for all ages including the vulnerable and the elderly and including mental and spiritual support and programmes of Islamic learning.
- Regular gatherings for ladies on Islamic teachings and learning, community engagement and social integration.
- Youth program and mentorship opportunities, focused on character building and Islamic values.
- Sports events that engage and enhance our community’s wellbeing and fitness, across all age groups.
Our common purpose is in strengthening and advancing education, breaking down barriers and enhancing a sense of local community. Our work aims to bind and strengthen the community, through encouraging positive and engaging relationships with people of all faiths and backgrounds.
Many communities are fast outgrowing the existing provisions for their community, whether it be for places to pray, educational facilities or social activities. By helping Muslim Futures to raise money, you will help us to continue and enhance our services benefitting our entire community.
Our most recent work includes
- In 2023 we started a new initiative to help local school children from low-income households access digital resources for their education and learning. We started this locally in Essex, with the intention to extend the programme nationally, and a long-term objective to support needy schools overseas.
- 2023 also saw us supporting the fund-raising efforts of a large community mosque being developed for the increasing Muslim community in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
- In 2022, we helped the fund-raising efforts of a growing Muslim community in north Ilford, Essex, to organise, fund-raise and grow the supporter base of donors and participants in their efforts to purchase and set-up a community centre with religious learning facilities. This work is on-going and Muslim Futures takes an active part in the day to day support of this very popular community organisation.
- In 2021, we worked with the local Muslim community in Brentwood, Essex, to fund-raise on their behalf and raise money to help in the purchase of a large community building to be used a Mosque and Community Centre
- Since 2020, Muslim Futures has actively engaged in Dawah opportunities, bringing essential educational works on Islam to the community youth through the distribution of the Holy Qu'ran with English translations across the UK.
- Since 2012 Muslim Futures has worked hard to support needy communities in Pakistan and Tanzania with regular shipments of good quality, used and pre-owned clothing shoes and coats. This activity has benefitted community organisations like mosques, hospitals, clinics and orphanages, who have all received multiple shipments to support the needy and vulnerable with hundreds of tonnes of clothing.